1. Katalon Studio Enterprise (KSE): Node-locked and Floating license.
In a basic scenario, the number of subscribed licenses should be equal to the number of automation engineers in your team. A Katalon Studio Enterprise subscription requires internet connection for activation and validation.
- One license is exclusively assigned to one single user.
- One license can be activated and used on one machine at a time.
- You may transfer a Katalon Studio Enterprise license to a new Katalon account.
For contractors, rotating employees, or projects with episodic tasks, we recommend you subscribe to our monthly Katalon Studio Enterprise node-locked licenses to best optimize your project’s budget.
For scaling teams with dynamic usage, we recommend you subscribe to Katalon Studio Enterprise floating licenses to reduce the management cost and best optimize your workflow. Each floating license is assigned to one parallel execution session and shared across multiple accounts — maximum of 3 accounts at a time.
2. Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE): Node-locked and Floating license.
- Node-locked license: one license is tied to one specific machine. This license applies for physical or virtual machines with fixed hardware specifications in each execution session. For node-locked licenses, the number of node-locked licenses to acquire is the higher amount between the number of machines and the number of maximum parallel sessions that you plan to execute.
- Floating license: one license is assigned to one parallel execution session. This license applies to all types of execution environments, and can be shared across multiple accounts/machines. The number of licenses is equal to the maximum number of parallel execution sessions at a time in Docker or Azure DevOps.
For more details on Runtime Engine usage, see our Katalon Runtime Engine guidelines.