There are two types of licenses for KSE and KRE: node-locked and floating. Depending on the size, composition, and work requirements of your team, you can choose to purchase node-locked licenses, floating licenses, or a mix of both.
|Node-locked license||Floating license|
|One license is assigned to one machine ID.||One license is assigned to one execution session and can be shared across multiple machines.|
|Licenses are transferable.||Licenses are transferable.|
|Applies to local desktops or workstations with fixed hardware specifications.||Applies to all types of execution environments.|
|Online subscription available.||Online subscription available.|
|Offline licenses can be generated from online node-locked licenses.||Offline licenses are available for on-premises licensing server only. For more information, contact sales.|
This license type is applied to local desktops or workstations with fixed hardware specifications (machine-blocked license), such as:
- A virtual machine with a fixed machine ID
- A physical machine
With node-locked licenses, one machine running tests = one license.
- A license is tied to a single machine ID and only for one execution session at a time.
- A machine can be mapped to multiple licenses if needed.
- For machines connected to the internet, the licenses can be transferred to other machines at no cost and as many times as needed.
- For annual licenses only: Licenses can be converted to be used in an offline environment. Once converted, the license cannot be transferred to another machine until it is expired.
For scaling teams with dynamic usage, floating licenses reduce the management cost and optimize your workflow.
This license type is applied to all types of execution environments, including cloud or virtual machines with dynamic hardware specifications (to execute tests in Docker, Azure, AWS).
- One floating license can be shared across multiple machines.
- One floating license is assigned to one execution session at a time.
For instance, you have 1 floating Katalon Studio Enterprise license attached to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can use email@example.com to log in to Katalon Studio on multiple different machines, but not at the same time. This is because firstname.lastname@example.org represents only 1 floating Katalon Studio Enterprise license. Therefore, you can only be active on 1 of those machines at a time.