Test data can be used as data binding from a test suite in Katalon Studio.
- Prepare test data such as Excel or CSV or Internal Data or Database file
For instance, there is an internal data file including 2 column names: username and password
- Prepare a test case which has some variables (global/local variables)
For example, there are 2 Local variables: username and password
Steps to follow
1. Create a test suite
2. Add the test case into that test suite
3. Click on the test case
4. Click on the "Show Data Binding" button
5. Click on the Add button
6. Select the test data and click on OK button
7. Click on the "Map All" button
Since the name of variables is similar to the name of the columns in test data, so the system can find 2 matches
8. Click on the OK button from the popup and the result like the image below
Note: Since the test data just can be used in test suites, so the values in test data just can be used when executing test suites.